I am Veronica Besmer, the firm's founding attorney. I have been practicing law for many years as both a litigator and transactional attorney, specializing in corporate and intellectual property law. Before setting out solo, I worked as the sole counsel at an online marketing company and was responsible for all legal matters . Before that, I practiced law at a large IP firm in San Francisco, where I represented clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies.
Prior to entering the field of law, I acquired a decade of business experience at various technology start-ups. My career began in private banking in Switzerland, where I am originally from. Besides English, I speak German and Czech. I am active in the local legal community and as time permits, am engaged in various nonprofit work.
See my full profile on LinkedIn.
- Juris Doctor, U.C. Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, summa cum laude, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Cyberspace Law Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- California Lawyers for the Arts (Panel Attorney)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- California Department of Real Estate, Broker's License